Followers

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Jesus the Christ, Teaser Tuesday (28 Oct. 2014)

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish event held by MizB at
Anyone can join in – just do the following:
                                                                                       ·         Grab your current read
                                                                                       ·         Open to a random page
                            ·         Share two (2) teaser sentences from somewhere on that page
          ·         BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away. You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)

           ·         Share the title and author too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their To Be Read (TBR) lists if they like your teasers


My teaser today is mainly aimed at a Christian audience, though those of other faiths or beliefs may find it intriguing and are invited to join along too.

I am quoting from the masterpiece, "Jesus the Christ," written by the fabulous orator and stimulating teacher, James E. Talmage, a man who devoted his life to the study of the holy scriptures. To this day, Jesus the Christ survives as one of the leading commentaries on the life of Jesus and contains a lifetime of study and reflection within its pages.

I have read it through from cover to cover once, and am slowly making my way through it a second time.


Here's the teaser:

"The only instance of of offspring from woman dissociated from mortal fatherhood is the birth of Jesus the Christ, who was the earthly Son of a mortal mother, begotten by an immortal Father. He is the Only Begotten of the Eternal Father in the flesh, and was born of woman."


You may need to rub your eyes and read that again! Mr. Talmage goes on to explain further in the book, but this teaser will suffice. 

I am enjoying Teaser Tuesdays a lot. It's a great couple of hours of my day to visit all of your blogs to see what you're reading. I also appreciate the visits and comments over here. Have a great week ahead and happy reading!


10 comments:

  1. I get the point, but the writing is a little dry for me. I tend to read for entertainment, so I would probably pass on this one. Send like one I 'should' read, but wouldn't.
    Today I'm featuring Accidents of Marriage by Randy Susan Meyers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is not my normal reading but I did enjoy the teaser. I'll be thinking about this today.
    Here is my TT - http://fuonlyknew.com/2014/10/28/teaser-tuesdays-87-moore-zombies-and-the-alien-next-door/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very interesting, and looks like a very thought provoking book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. An excellent book. I'm glad you're enjoying it!

    My teaser is an excerpt from a YA book about the Underground Railway.

    http://wp.me/p3Nz8P-h7

    ReplyDelete
  5. An interesting teaser but not my normal type of read. Thanks for visiting my TT http://cleopatralovesbooks.wordpress.com/2014/10/28/teaser-tuesday-october-28/

    ReplyDelete
  6. This teaser is food for thought.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't think it's my kind of genre, but it's an interesting teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmmm... in teresting tease, I hope you enjoyed the book.

    Thanx for visiting my TT
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're right, you definitely need to read that twice.

    Thanks for visiting Write Note Reviews.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...