Followers

Tuesday, July 12, 2022

The Lord of the Rings


The Lord of the Rings has finally entered my reading world!

For many years it was Harry Potter. I just didn't feel The Lord of the Rings calling out to me. Then one day I decided to buy the collection online. I started with The Hobbit. It was tough reading for the first 60 pages, but I persevered. Once I got comfortable with the storytelling style, and the small typeset, and with the help of the maps, I was able to absorb into J.R.R. Tolkien's fantastic world.

After The Hobbit, we spent a good 10 hours one free day watching The Lord of the Rings movies. Yes, they were long! But I enjoyed it, and I then started reading the books. And I'm glad I watched the movies first before reading the books. There is so much more detail in the books! Obviously. I'm currently in Part 3 - The Return of the King and I have just loved the ride.

Now, I need to get a move on because I've just bought the second installment of James Patterson and Bill Clinton's collaboration, The President's Daughter, which I'm itching to read. But, first things first...


P.S. I swear Albus Dumbledore is Gandalf! It has to be the same person! Perhaps someone out there can write a piece of fan fiction on how Dumbledore and Gandalf are one and the same?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...